Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Do I Have A Choice?

This is my trial at writing poetry. Not that i consider this one to be a poem. I've been thro' quite a no. blogs- some with amazing poems. That's when i started considering writing one. I'm not a big judge of poems, so i don't know how to judge this one ( or any poem for that matter). But hey, I put down whatever that came to my mind...here goes.

Do I have a choice?


My mind’s swirling, total chaos spreading;
Everything around me is a blur,
As if I’m trapped in a foggy maze,
And I see no helping hand.

I wake up puzzled, “what’s happening?”

Inside the maze I look around, infinite paths from where I stand,
Which path’s mine? This one or that?
And I know; only one has my name on it,
The one that I call my destiny.

I wish to slow things down, to have my own space,
To figure out who I am and what I should be,
To be the master weaver of my own destiny.
But I can’t slow down; it’s all much too fast
And the ones who do have the courage to slow down,are branded ‘incompetent/ retarded’

The world’s changing, even with the blink of an eyelid.
I’m afraid to close my eyes even for a sec
I fear of losing what I have now
My life aint perfect, I know. But at least I’ve the illusion of bein’ my own boss!

Everything’s material around me these days,
People not even sure of what they’re made to want,
I see true passion nowhere
Nobody has time for anything anymore
Being a survivor, it drains all your mind and soul!

I don’t wanna be a mere survivor,
I don’t wanna just “make it thro’” life,
But in this make-believe world, the real question is-
“Do I have a choice??”

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"And I know; only one has my name on it,
The one that I call my destiny."

That's something that really strikes a chord!

I won't want you stopping poetry with this one. Yeah.

7:36 AM  
Blogger R said...

I wish to slow things down, to have my own space,
To figure out who I am and what I should be


I quite identify with this there!
Nice lines!

7:58 AM  
Blogger InfJunkie said...

#rohit,
thanks,man :-)
#akhil,
'I won't want you stopping poetry with this one'
the only question is will i be able to? :-(

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home