Sunday, February 12, 2006

children and me????...oh, well....

This is one of the reasons I think I’m a li’l weird. I’m not exactly fond of children. Well…babies are fine. Coz all they do is mostly sleep through out. And I have to tell u; I gel quite well with people around my own age. It’s just the children around 3-8 yrs who obviously need babysitting and constant un-diverted attention (or god knows what they’re gonna pull…) that I particularly don’t like spending time with.

And hey, its not like I hate ‘em or something. Just that spending time with ‘em is sooo exhausting. The topic came up coz today our guests had a li’l boy and as the only non-grownup (god knows why they say so…I’m over 18 people!!!) in the house, I was obliged to take care of him. That was pretty difficult coz the only thing he was constantly asking was this, ‘athentha? Ithentha?’ (What’s this? What’s that?). And I had to follow him all through out the house and supply him with things that interested him (do I sound bitter? Oh no, people. I’m not…damn, I’m so bad at lying..).I had to act like I was totally enjoying what I was doing with occasional baby talks (yuck!) to keep him entertained. And that’s not exactly my kinda thing.


The funny thing is girls of my age actually seem to enjoy the company of children. Most of my friends go ‘sshoo shweeet!’ whenever they see a baby while I go, thank god I don’t have to baby-sit this one…(and I’m supposed to be a woman…might’ve misplaced my womanly instincts somewhere..)

I think this is partly because being the younger one in my family I myself can never stop being a child (I think I’m contradicting myself now). Like peter pan, the boy who never grew up. As u might know from the previous posts, I refuse to take up responsibilities for things I should, which’s a pretty non grown-up thing to do. Likewise accepting the fact that you are a child no more is one of the things that I never see myself doing (OK, maybe when I’ve children of my own, I’ll…but as of now, I don’t see anything of that sort in eons!!!).

But if u watch me, chance is that u might not exactly notice my disinterest in children. As I don’t like freaking out people (read as my mom totally forbids to do so) I try to act like being with a child is the greatest joy in the world. And as far as I think, haven’t succeeded at it much. I’m not what you’d call a hit with children….

Well…well…no surprises there….:D

1 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Yeah! They just pull anything around! One of my cousins is 3, and keeps fiddling around with my computer!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home