Monday, February 27, 2006

parting ways...

This is probably gonna be the last post ever from my old pc…coz I got a brand new one!!!
The last one’s the first one I ever had…and been with me for some 5-6 years…god, how excited I was back then about getting a home pc :-).( back then I thought computers where meant mainly for playing games) Had to nag dad over and over again to get me one and when my sis got into engineering, he couldn’t say no any more...

I was pathetic with computers back then (Oh don’t misunderstand, I still am)…I mean, there was a time when I used to think the whole mouse was one button and was afraid to touch it coz I might accidentally press it…I sure have gone a long way from there, whew!
I had never even used the net before…was baffled by a whole new world!Then came the ‘chatting’ era…I used to be reeeaally addicted to chatting…with strangers, friends whoever it was and my parents would absolutely freak out…apparently chatting with strangers can turn into serious stuff. But hey, that didn’t stop me. Didn’t I tell u guys I’m really good at snooping around? ;-)…but once the magic wore off, I was looking for newer stuff…and that’s when I came across the thing called ‘blogs’. I soon had a new addiction (and this one doesn’t seem to wear off anytime soon) and it was quite long after that it struck me ‘hey, why don’t I start one of my own? It’d be pretty cool’. So here I am…

Oops, sorry was talking about my old pc…get sidetracked real soon…with all the love and affection I have in my mind for my old pc, I can never say it was a constant companion..a companion it was…but never constant. I remember the system people had to come over 25 times within half a year or so coz of the troubles this my precious li’l thing made. So much that the system people could recognize our voice over the phone!!

So after putting up with all the fuss for over half a decade we decided to get a new one..a better one :D…and so we did…trust me, it took quite a lot of nagging too. My dad’s the kind who says ‘why need a new one when we already have one which serves the purpose?’ which explains why he never buys a new watch (the old one’s been with him for years and years)…

Some people don’t like changes…and I’m one among ‘em…but I got a new pc…that’s definitely a change I’m not gonna regret…

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

a new PC?

WOW!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home