Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dad's home...and so it begins!!!

Dad’s home….suddenly all the things that needed fixing are fixed- the bulb in my room, the geyser everything. And also, my net surfing time becomes as long as an atom’s excitation period…:(((((

Dad and I are both very short-tempered (aakhir beti kiski hoon,Papa? …the genes..make me behave so badly sometimes… rolling my eyes…) and thus it often leads to not-so-pretty ego clashes. Mom’s all mellow and its her who makes up every single time…

When he’s home, I need to snoop around to use the internet and if he catches me…well..u wouldn’t wanna know. Its kinda my routine to come online every night (almost) after 10 and mom doesn’t have a prob. with it (technically speaking, I’m not sure she know what I’m doing upstairs after 10, prob. thinks I’m studying and ahem! Do I wanna change that? :D…and she’s much too lazy to come upstairs and check out what I’m doing…dad sure doesn’t mind the energy lost in coming upstairs *sigh*)…

And today…as I was talking to my friends, here he comes…all charged up. If theres one thing I surely hate, it is people listening to private convo or in this case somebody staring at the monitor while I’m talking to my pals and its amazing how my family’s sooo good at the ONE thing that makes me go aaaaaarrrggghhh!!! And so he sat right infront of pc, staring at the monitor, I had minimized all the dialog boxes (Hey, don’t go imagining stuff , I’m a good girl..nothing in there that I would have a prob. showing my dad ;)…just that I absolutely despise it when people don’t respect others privacy)….

Coming to think of it now, I think it was a pretty funny scene- dad and I sitting infront of the pc, faces all screwed up in anger…and I did the only thing I could- put on the songs that he hates like ‘she’s a rebel’ by greenday which are like much too fast he says…that too in max. volume( when I wanna irritate somebody, I can irritate him to the core, ahem!)….total silence ( if u don’t take into account the song, of course)…two people just sitting there looking at the desktop. I swore not to break the silence first..and he’s my dad- can be pretty stubborn at times. I don’t know how long it lasted, longer than ‘she’s a rebel’ and ‘boulevard of broken dreams’ for sure …and finally he disconnected net and stormed outta the room…leaving me to type out this post and save it for later….

10 minutes from the figh…now now let me go downstairs and sort out the whole issue….

Bringing out the Olive leaf….going downstairs waving it at a very pissed off man…
P.S: Have to go off the net now...doi need explain the reason? hehehe...

3 Comments:

Blogger kartoos said...

hmmm...like father,like daughter..so he will understand u perfectly..aise chote mote chagdoon ke binaa zindgii mein kyaa mazaa??

9:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

pretty much same here!
yesterday, mom was over my shoulders trying to pry on what i doing on the net.
"i m making a website"
i did know that she didn't believe me 'cause after 5 or so min. there she was again behind me.
i just hate it when things like that happen. can i get some privacy around here???

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@kartoos,
'aise chote mote chagdoon ke binaa zindgii mein kyaa mazaa?? '
hehe...i guess so...
@akhil,
welcome to the club, man :-P

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home