Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A li'l nostalgia

Painting the house has been a boon in disguise…

Came upon things that I thought had lost forever, certain other things I didn’t know existed in my very own house…things that make me wish I could start over again…be a li’l girl just one more time…

Saw this li’l clay puppy that my friend, A, had given me for gift exchange while in 5th grade. And I remember, somehow clumsy me managed to break it that evening itself into a million pieces and was so upset that by the next day, my dad had somehow managed to glue back ¾th of it. Was so happy back then…isn’t my dad a sweetheart?

Then diaries from my past years that I was so afraid had fallen into the ‘wrong’ hands (my sister’s). So glad I got it back…spent the entire evening reading the crazy stuff I used to write. The happenings in my 9th, 10th grades…lotsa stuff about my 2 best pals I had back then, lotsa lotsa gossips (guess that’s the only thing that aint changed…my love for gossip:-D) etc. I wonder if I knew in those days what keeping a journal meant…coz it’s so full of crap….lovely crap!! Gonna save it for my children to read ;-)

Greeting cards from pals – some I’m still in touch with, some I wish I was in touch with, some I have no idea where they vanished into….back then getting a card used to be so cool!

Never gonna let go of these things again ever…gotta make sure I don’t lose them again…

And some totally hilarious things. Like I came across a pic of my dad before marriage with long hair looking soo totally like someone from a ‘nadakam’ (play). And one of my mom’s from the 80’s with the then ‘in style’ hair do (which totally sucked by the way)…

Hmm…I could go on and on…

But as of now, Lemme go and dig up more old stuff…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home