Monday, April 24, 2006

Its funny the kinda relation my mother and I have. Couldn’t be more different than the way things are with karthu and her mom. Ok, now I’m not saying ours is bad…just weird that is. And I’m gonna say it like it is.

Ours is a love-hate kinda relation :-/

Of course, I love her lots…that goes without saying. But there are even days when you ‘dislike’ temporarily the person you love the most. In our case, that just happens to occur more than usual. Dunno why.

I hear many of my friends go ‘Ooh, she’s my best friend!’ My mom was never my best friend and I know she will never be…I can bet my life on it, coz I know her well…hey, she’s my mom after all.

And I never (well, almost never) go up to her with my troubles, unless its study wala troubles. Then there’s no better person to solve it than my mom. Anybody having ‘I’m-having-exams-morrow-and-haven’t-studied-a-thing’ phobia, call up my mom and she puts you right back on track. That’s my mom for you.

One cool thing about her is her ‘once you’re done with your studies, you do whatever you want’ attitude. Nothing makes her happier than me studying. Alas! Even then I can’t bring myself to study that well…maybe I could (should?) change…hmm…

And we have the biggest cat fights ever in the history of mother-daughter relationships. These fights are not like a once-a-month wala; more like twice/thrice a day wala.

‘How many times do I have to tell u to make the bed when you get out of it?’

‘Why didn’t u tell me so-and-so called? You never tell me what’s happening!’

‘Why are you on the phone all the time? What is there to talk about sooo much? Is it any guy trouble (raising her eyebrows)? ’

We fight for the trivial things…

It’s a wonder why I still haven’t lost my voice after all this shouting. But then, if my mom can make it thro’ after all these years, I guess it’s in the genes.

But it’s her, who makes up all the time and it’s all lovey-dovey...until the next fight comes along.

Another sweet thing about her is she’s cutely naïve. Still sometimes dotes on me like I’m a baby.

Like once, I was blabbering about how this Hollywood guy was dating this gal and so on…seeing her stumped look on her face, I stopped and asked her what’s wrong…


My mom went, “you actually know about dating and stuff? Oh, how much you’ve grown *sigh*…” and then mumbles to herself about how the big, bad world is influencing the “innocent children”.

Mom, I’m 19. I should know about dating….and more stuff, for that matter. Ahem!

*evil grin*

It would prick my conscience if I said I had the best mom in the world, or that she couldn’t get any better than this.

But I wouldn’t trade what we have for anything else in the whole world for sure.

Life wouldn’t be the same without my sweet-annoying-mom.

Love ya lots!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Ours is a love-hate kinda relation :-/"

Guessing why >:D<

read your comment at kartoo's place.
":D...ofcourse u're 'quite' expressive!!!"

hmm .. ya, right? =))

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home