Friday, February 10, 2006

Have u done wht u needed to do today???

My sister works for this company in B’lore and at times is pretty busy with her work & it had been a while since I talked to her.

You know the feeling when you just need to talk to someone right at that moment? I was trying to study today when her thought crept into my mind and I just had to call her. Fortunately, she picked up the phone. To tell you the truth, she wasn’t busy coz she was in the loo and was like ‘Its Ok, we can talk’…that felt soo weird that I hung up after asking her to call back once she was done. I mean, people just don’t talk over the phone while they pee, do they? Ok, coming back….

This is one of the reasons I look up to her so much (Di, I know U’re reading this…just remember, I DON’T mean anything I say in here…:D). She has this exam coming up sometime in Feb. Apparently she had to work late till 10pm yesterday, then she took a cab home, did some household chores (they’re some pals staying together in an apt. so everybody has their own share of it, late ya not late) and then she actually did some real studying for sometime. What she told me went something like this, “its such a nice feeling u get when u get into bed knowing you’ve done all the things you could’ve”. She sometimes says these li’l things that makes me go Boing!! And the funny thing is that she doesn’t seem to realize it.

What she made me think about the last time I had such a feeling and to my horror…I couldn’t remember. When u can’t remember the last time you’ve done something really satisfactory, trust me…u know something isn’t right. I’ vent done what you’d technically call studying for a pretty long time now…not just studies, things that I’m supposed to do which I don’t do. And it scares me…more than that, it bothers me.

Whatever I do, the guilt, the botheration is always there…lingering around me…its like having someone whisper ‘ u know you shouldn’t be doing this while U’re supposed to do this another thing’ in your ears all the time.

I wish I could bring myself to listen to that ‘someone’…I really do. But apparently, will power isn’t one among the things god thought I needed (I know, I know…its something u need to develop yourself…*sigh*).

Hopefully I’ll acquire some in the near future….. and change for the better….

P.S: by the way, did I tell you that I’m supposed to be studying right now? :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home