Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ho-Hum!

I've been gone a long time now. Guess it's high time I posted something.

[ And if you think a long tale of unrelated events (with 100% cribbing) is boring I highly suggest you leave this place right now!]

Not that there hasn't been any happenings in my life these days. There has been. Lots. Trust me.

I've got a pup for one (And for those who care to ask, she's doing fine)
I saw POTC:Dead man's chest (though wish it was someone else's chest they showed more off..*wink*)
My sister moved to Mumbai...
Lot more changes...

And Oh,yeah...I've changed (or so people say)

I've got even more weirder (like that was possible)

for better or for worse?

for worse, they tell me.

Imagine what it's like to be told by 4 different people with no connections between them whatsoever that you've been acting more and more like this other particular person of late...Well, that's what I would call being in my shoes.

For chrissake people, I'm just me!Me!ME!!! heart,body,soul...me. Not turning into anybody else, it's all just me!! *sigh*

Been reading Paulo Coelho's "Veronica decides to die". Awesome book. I would recommend it to any not-so-sane person on earth (Not being sarcastic).
Its one of those books which makes so much sense that you think you're going crazy.

About this girl Veronica, who has almost everything she could ask ofr in her life, but is fed up with having nothing to live for and decided to kill herself. Nice book, I must say again and again.

Here's a li'l excerpt from the book, something that really struck a chord.

She gets put up in an asylum for trying to kill herself and hears this story from an inmate.

"A powerful wizard, who wanted to destroy an entire kingdom,placed a magic potion in the well from which all the inhabitants drank. Whoever drank that water would go mad.

The following morning, the whole population drank from the well and they all went mad, apart from the king and his family, who had a well aside for them alone, and which the magician had not managed to poison. The kind was worried and tried to control the population by issuing a series of edicts governing security and public health. The policemen and the inspectors,however,had also drunk the poisoned water and they thought the king's decisions were absurd and resolved to take no notice of them.

When the inhabitants of the kingdom heard these decrees,they became convinced that the king had gone mad and was now giving nonsensical orders. They marched on the castle and called for his abdication.

In despair, the king prepared to step down from the throne, but the queen stopped him,saying: "Let us go and drink from the communal well. Then, we will be the same as them."

And that was what they did: the king and the queen drank the water of madness and immediatly began talking nonsense. Their subjects repented at once;now that the king was displaying such wisdom, why not allow him to continue ruling the country?

The country continued to live in peace, although its inhabitants behaved very differently from those of its neighbours. And the king was able to govern until the end of his days."

Isn't everything all relative?

Like the way He says in the book, "What the majority thinks/does is normal. It might not be the best thing to do, but still it's what is called normal."

Another concept I liked in the book was that how free people are in a mental asylum (Do i sound mental? :D). Free to do anything that's beyond the concept of what's normal in the outside world. Coz people never expect you to be normal. Hello? You're in a mental asylum..duhh...

Love Paulo Coelho for explaining most complicated and intiguing of things in the simplest way possible. Be it The Alchemist or this book. Between I was surprised to learn that he himself was admitted into a mental asylum 3 (or was it 4?) times.

Haven't finished the book yet. Dying to read the rest.

Was feeling extremely down today. Due to many reasons. Each one as silly as the next. Pinne, damn the bloody migraine too.

As if I didn't have enough to worry about.

I better get back to ...err...brooding?

P.s: This one's for you for pestering me and also for the emotional blackmail part .."Won't update until you do".

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

just coz d rest of us' been in a "magic potion" dream does that mean we all have to have the same dream coz "we-have-to"?

lady, keep ur dreams safe. there r other worlds too, i guess.
may b hell's sweeter.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That book seems interesting...loved Alchemist...so would give it a shot if I do get a chance... :)

Believe me the post deals about the question thats been bugging me for a long time now...what if all except me go nuts?

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All,

Nice stuff you got going here!!! Definitely bookmarking your site!!
You know..i came across this company on the web the other day and it should thrill travel enthusiasts.. there is this site called Globester..and it offers some amazing fares for international tickets!!
The link is :
http://globester.com?channel=blpo10&adgroup=tobeafreebird.blogspot

very nice site you have here too.. will visit again…and do visit that site.. trust me..it’s awesome stuff!!

Enjoi!!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on man!! Nice site u have here!! You know some of the most fascinating places I’ve seen when traveling is in India!! India is so cool to an extent, that when u’re there..u see the simplicity of life mixed with modernism, u can’t help feel like it’s heaven!! The safaris, the trekking, wildlife and sooo much more to see there!!

There are tons of travel agents who’ll get u a good deal on travel there!, but my personal recommendation is the site called India travel route..
Try this link below, else u can google it…

http://www.indiatravelroute.com/?channel=rgxblog16&adgroup=tobeafreebird.blogspot

but it’s one amazing place!! I totally recommend it!! Especially if ur going around this time, i.e. Aug-Oct, the whether is simply DE-LIGHT-FUL!!!

Cheers

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home