Sunday, January 14, 2007

Rantings, mumblings, *insert all synonyms here*

Blogging is the coolest way to “express yourself” now. Tell me the name of a living/breathing creature who doesn’t blog/read blogs and I will tell you where our very own Bin laden is.

Take some...err, a lot of free time, add blog addiction, a cup of weirdness, a tablespoon bitterness and oodles of boredom…Mix them all and what have we got??

Well, if you were me you would get this –

A close introspection of the blogospheric aura, the different species of blogs found here:-
  • The usual reality-series-blogs bringing you daily *boring* updates from the life of a person who for some reason *read for he/she has nothing better to do* finds blogging very interesting. Yours truly belongs to this class, I might add humbly. These can again be subdivided into:-
    - The Oh-my-life-is-so-pathetic-its-amusing-wanna-hear-about-it blogs. Do I wanna hear about it? I tell you dude, NO.
    I’ve my own life to brood upon, so no thanks.
    -“How-I-survived-this-traumatic-incident-which-left-me-scarred-for-life” kind…screaming for comments like ‘Oh dear, I’m so glad you pulled through it, be careful next time coz we all care a looot’
    - My-love-life-is-so-happening-you’ll-love-to-hear-about-it…
    “I have found my true love”…before you can even take a breath “Err…I was wrong. He dumped me, I dunno why; we were sooo perrrrfect for each other”
    “Do you think he likes me, he did smile at me I tellya”
    “He doesn’t even know I exist. Boohoo”
    Blub glub gibberish!
    -The heres-something-to-make-you-think-coming-from-me-who-has-seen-it-all blog. The blessed, gifted author who is generous enough to share with everybody in the blogosphere the lessons he has learnt leaving us indebted for life. Includes topics explaining why god truly is great (like we didn’t know. Why else is he called God then?? And as for the ‘he’…read this somewhere, if it were a she, she would be considerate enough to make it yearly rather than monthly. That was convincing enough for me.)..Coming back..Yeah, exploring the reason why we are never thankful for what we are, why we are always greedy (I’ll make it easy for you, coz that’s human nature!) yada yada. We really appreciate what you’re doing. We get our daily doses from our homes, so guess what...We don’t care!
    - The I-started-a-blog-coz-I-didn’t-have-anything-else-to-do-now-that-I-have-I’m-letting-it-rot-in-blogosphere blogs. Usually have two, three or four unrelated posts. And that’s it. One fine day, blogging aint that fun anymore. Well…for chrissake, have some responsibility to carry on the things you started, people.
  • The letting-your-creative-juices-out blog –
    -The story blog where you put you put up the novelist self for others to see
    -The poem blog for people to see the ‘Wordsworth’ in you.
    -Photoblogs- looking through your ...err..camera’s eye :D
  • The group blogs :-
    College blog, classmates blog, girls gang blog, benchmates blog etc etc
  • The ‘He-blogs-so-I-blog’ blog. The w-o-r-s-t. Listen up dude, any reason other than you wanted to do it is not good enough to do anything. Get it? So why dontcha just go find your thing??
  • And at last, the real bloggers. For whom blogging is a part of life; just like their blogs are part of mine. The ones that make you think, “Jeez…Why the hell am I blogging??”

    All the stuff said above- even the ones based on real facts- are purely fictional. Anyone who gets offended…well, your problem. Bleh!

    That’s about it all. Ranting over.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

as your blog, turns a year OLDER, the blogger in you is more mature (mentally, i don't wanna pigeonhole you into which type of blogger you're; may be the categories here aren't enough for ya :P ...thanne patti parayuvaanel orupaadu undu :P).

i'd say this would be among your 3 best posts, EVER :)
loved reading it!!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Hari said...

Hey.. Just as Akhil pointed out.. U r way of writing is really mature and the blogs are improving one after the another.. The categories are beautifully split up that the whcihevr blogs i read.. I could classify into one of the various groups..
Keep going pal.. Waiting for really good posts like this..

6:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So which one does mine belong to???
Me so confused darling!!! :P

8:10 AM  
Blogger Abhi said...

My-love-life-is-so-happening-you’ll-love-to-hear-about-it… -Well i dnt know how many will write about their LOVE lives!

And as for the ‘he’- Bloody Feminist, ninek undedi!

The ‘He-blogs-so-I-blog’ blog - Found some people who were SPOT ON matches to this!


Anyways i agree with Akhil, that as it is for wine's so it is for u! Great post buddy!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Mr. Commonsensical said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Mr. Commonsensical said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Mr. Commonsensical said...

I found which category I belong to, but you left out one category, one that would truly categorize people like me....

The Ultra true bloggers --- who blogged for months, years, diligently, finally got so saturated with blogging that they left it. Then it took a long time and a lot of pestering to bring them back to blogging. Blogging played an integral part of their lives until they realized, "hey there is more to life than just blogging, sheeeesh, what a drag..."
One's with "Been there-done that-almost got caught up for life" attitude about blogging.

The Senior Bloggers.

Amongst them - me!

What do real bloggers blog about?

Sasi & others say that you are becoming more mature with the progress in your blogospheric endeavours. I would agree.
But I noticed another thing - you are also becoming more arrogant with each passing blog.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hhappy burthdayee "Whatever!"
santhosha janmadinam bloggie'kku!! :D

7:12 AM  
Blogger InfJunkie said...

#akhil,
mature blogger huh...ahem ahem! :D
Thanks for the wishes :)
#hari,
:)
#rockus,
Look carefully dear, u'll find urs right there ;) Why bother to go into urs and like when some are just screaming out loud, "Rip!Tear!kill!" :D
#abhi,
Trust me, there are many who loove to write about their blossoming lovelives..ayyo, njan feministonnum allee..:D
#mr.commonsensical,
Ultra-true bloggers,huh?
What if I say the ultra-true ones never leave...Just because theres more to life than blogging doesnt mean you actually have to stop blogging; you don't have to give up on something to focus on something else...multitask dude!
and about the arrogance thing, yeah, i kinda noticed it too :D

3:27 AM  
Blogger megha said...

awsom style of writing...well defined thoughts

6:48 AM  
Blogger InfJunkie said...

#megha,
Thanks :)

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home