Friday, January 26, 2007

Blast from the past

“Jeez...You haven’t changed at all…”

“Whoa, look how fat you’ve become…khati kya hai?” *in a sarcastic tone of course*

“Look at her, she won’t even come and talk to us...avalkkentha ithra jada?”

“Aah…our first standard class...I remember this girl so-and-so used to bully me and I got my sister (who was a senior...3rd standard *ahem*) to kick her ass. Ha!"

“The fat girl who used to sit next to me, I forgot her name, once poked me with her pencil...I sooo hated her!” (And we’re supposed to be adults now :D)

“Remember how you stuffed a mutton piece into my chapati and I puked all over this place?”

“I once puked here, here and here” (this statement by yours truly met with disgusted glances from other fellow beings there :D)

“Ooh…look, look…Counter sister, counter sister (that’s the name we had for the sister who stood at the cash counter; dunno her actual name and we studied there for 10 years. Ahem!)…*runs over to her side*…sister, sukhalle? The kids now-a-days, not as goodie-goodie *wink* as we used to be, huh? “

“Oh look, she hasn’t left yet…pressure cooker…Damn!” *pointing at the sister who used to go shhh-sshhh at the tiniest of all noises*

(The chief guests delivering his presidential address and we really couldn’t care less) “Listen, nobody in here is making any noise except for us…”
“So?”
“Really edo, not a single thing has changed..its like we never left the place”
*both laugh their evil-est laughs*
Pressure cooker gives us her annoying look, says “Ssshhh” and goes back to her pretending-to-hear-the-speech-thingie.
And we do our thing, stick out tongues at her (and yeah, we’re perfect ladies, I might add)

Seriously, its like we never left the place.

Some things never change…
Like old friends you grew up with.

Some things never cease to feel good…
Like school reunions :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Commonsensical said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Mr. Commonsensical said...

Oh your reunion... forgot to ask about that... it went well great huh... nice.

Pressure Cooker - man that was funny.

I remember sitting next to a fat girl in my UKG, that being, used to piss in her seat every other day. One particular day, she pissed maybe around 5 litres, it was all around the floor, I had to sit with my legs raised the rest of the afternoon. Didn't want the yellow gooey thing to soak up my leather shoes. Thank god, we had individual seats back then, God, what if it had been a bench! The bench would collapse within a month! or worse, it would soak up my shorts!

You can guess my feelings for this girl... it was more than hate.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

life's funnier, in retrospection sometimes.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Abhi said...

Hey it's like this for evry1 who goes to school's for reunion's. But no1 remembers the instances when one had a bad time with the teachers and wished to kill them or when the princi gave u a hard time and wyou planend to bomb the building to rubble! Hota hai! It's all LIFE!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) reminded me of my own school days...
#mr.commonsensical:
I wonder what the poor girl must've felt for herself. Disgust at self?

8:41 AM  
Blogger megha said...

hmmmm.. skool liiife *droolin* :D
hehe nd i did get my elder sis to bully a classmate of mine when i ws in 2nd std..
gud post

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. We were all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. Now get the hell out of here!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home