Friday, January 28, 2011

Growing up..


It just struck me today that this blog is almost four years old. Started with so much enthusiasm, like I always do, somewhere down the lane pushed to the back of my mind by so many things, half of which was dealt with like a life-or-death issue but which I laugh playfully at now..But it always comes up every now and then, and I give in. Well, at times.

I have discovered new songs and playlists to play in infinite loops, known what love and heartache truly means, become a certified engineer,  moved to a new city, become almost-an-mba, known the pangs of job hunting (first true taste of the real world, I guess), found friendships that I know will last a lifetime, gasped at the old ones are now wives and mothers, seen the sister get married and settled and happy (still not grown up if you ask me), discovered and added new favorites- books, authors, people, places, memories, pleasant and unpleasant things about myself and others, undergone a makeover (well I mentioned moving to Bombay, didn’t I?), forgiven and forgotten people, seen dad retire,  moved past few of my insecurities, become more confident, and gotten more comfortable being myself. I have realized that growing up is not that difficult once you learn to differentiate between the things which are important and which are not, but once in a while nose diving into those childhood memories always helps. 

As I look back on the 18 year old me (who is responsible for all the teen angst initial posts, late bloomer I was) amusingly, all I can think of how the 27 year old me is going to look at the present- me, and chuckle. 

2 Comments:

Anonymous R said...

life is always fun when u r looking back at the past..the fun decreases when u think of the present and the problems associated(at times)..it ceases to exist when u wonder abt wat ur future will be like..
atleast thats the way i feel it is..

8:04 AM  
Anonymous C said...

:)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home